Monday, October 7, 2013

Learning and growing, bearing testimony and teaching.


September 9, 2013
So, everyone, big news.
 
Sean accepted a baptismal date.  He's so awesome.  He loves studying the scriptures, he loves learning the gospel, and well, he's just a super fun person to be around.  Elder Pruner and I love being with him and teaching him.  He always has great questions too.  So, come September 28th, we'll have a baptismal service ^^
 
This week has been so good.  Yesterday at church, neither of the speakers showed up, so we had a testimony meeting by invitation.  Mark, the person who Elder Pruner and I met at a HomePlus, a few weeks back, bore his testimony, and he's just so cool.  Talking with him, he literally gave up everything to become a member of the church.  He's fascinating to talk to, and he has quite the life story.
 
I really love this missionary experience.  It's cool seeing the light that the gospel brings to people, and it's cool to see how their countances changes as they become converted unto the Lord.  Sean, Mark, and 김정하... yeah, it's been really good seeing just how much of a difference it makes.  I really hope that ya'll can see it in a year ^^
 
I know the church is true, and that God lives.  Everyday, I can see God directing His work, and I'm so happy that I can contribute to it in some small way.  I'm grateful for all I've learned, and I'm grateful that I have two hours to really study gospel principles every day.
 
I don't remember if I've shared this, but I really love Moses 1.  It's the chapter where Moses sees God face to face and is the prolouge to Moses seeing an account of the creation.  There's more to the story though.  If  you go to the first part of Exodus, you'll find that Moses broke a covenant with God - he didn't keep the Abrahamic covenant exactly, and by so doing, he invoked the wrath of God.  After this experience, we know that Aaron found Moses in the wilderness.  I'm sure Moses at the time felt like Joseph Smith did after losing the 116 pages of translated pages, wondering if he was still worthy and able to fulfill the charge given him by God.  I'm sure he felt bad, like he messed up beyond being forgiven.  And then the events in Moses 1 happen...
In verse 6, we read, "And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son, and thou art in the similitude of Mine Only Begotten, who is and shall be the savior, for he is full of grace and truth."  Moses was still called to the task, and more important, God reminded him of a very important truth.  God has a work for each of us to do that in some way, shape, or form is a shadow of the work that Jesus Christ did.  It doesn't matter how small or large, it just matters that we do.
 
I know that we all belong to God's eternal family.  It's an empowering statement.  We are children of a loving Heavenly Father.  He doesn't want us to fail.  In fact, He wants us to succeed.  How do we succeed?  By doing all we can to learn and grow, both in knowledge of things of the world and in knowledge of things of the soul.  And as we come to know more, we act according to what we know, and well, we just become even better than we were before.  God loves us.  He love you.  Always remember that.
 
I hope you have a wonderful week, and until next week,
 
Elder Elliott Wedam

No comments:

Post a Comment