Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fastball, Fastball, CHANGE UP

Remember the little saying "all you need is love"?  Love really is the key and Elliott seems to have found a giant key ring!  Thanks be to Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, the source of love and every good thing. Love to you all. M


July 7, 2013

So, family friends, and the like,

Most important, least exciting news first.  This was another short transfer.  In short, I may have time for a 17th transfer and still be back home at the original time I was scheduled to.  So, yes, a new transfer starts next week.  It's number 8.  Boom.

Speaking of which, I'll be doing training.  Yes, I'll be training a brand new to the field missionary.  Exciting, yes.  Nerve wracking, slightly.  Will I be able to do it?  Of course.

So, onto more fun news.  Our investigators.  We have a pool of three that are either progressing or are almost progressing (this last week had a ton of meetings that sorta slowed down our ablitly to do some missionary work).  But, we've got three.  Rodrigue is back.  A member lesson that was rather awkward a few weeks ago turned into a huge blessing because he saw one of our members up in Suwon and was talking with her.  And he came to church yesterday!  He's still looking for a job, but hey, he's coming out to church! Bak Gi Cheol.  We weren't able to meet with him this last week because of our meetings, but I'm really excited to meet with him this week. I'm hoping he'll read the BoM assignment we gave him.  We'll be talking plan of salvation with him. Scott (Choi Seok Ho).  He was a referal we got last week.  He's atheist, but he loves meeting with us for English.  AND he asked us to explain about our church.  He likes us.  Like a lot.  Like, he told us straight up in the lesson "I didn't attend church because all the other christian denominations fight and put each other down.  You don't do that, I like it."  And he accpeted a copy of a BoM in English and in Korean.  Building friendships one person at a time ^^

So that's where we be at as far as investigators go.  It's stressful, exhausting, and sometimes downright discouraging.  But hey, all relationships are.  And that's what missionary work comes down to.  We help others build relationships with God, and in the process, we build strong relationships with them.  And, you love the people you teach like family.  The biggest blessing I've received thus far is that I can literally feel that my capacity to love other people has increased so much.  And, I love it.  So much.  I love loving people!  And it's making this experience so worth it!

The church is true, my friends.  The Book of Mormon is God's word. Whenever I read it, I can feel God's love, and I can feel the Holy Ghost teaching me.  I love pondering the words of life.  I love how they apply in life.  I love the gospel truths we have restored to us. Read it, ponder it, and pray about it.  Judge for yourself if it's true.  That is the invitation we give to all people.  I promise that you'll get an answer in a way that is completely recognizable.  God will make no mistake in how He communicates with you, because He loves you.  I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Elder Elliott Wedam

No comments:

Post a Comment