Monday, January 28, 2013

WOO HOO! Finally, Some pictures should be arriving!


I wonder if Elliott realizes how impatiently I am waiting for the promised photos AND a couple handwritten letters he promised to send!  Send him some love if you have any time.  Valentine's Day is right around the corner and his birthday is early in March.  I know he would love to hear from you! In the meantime I will figure out how to add photos to his blog. Love to you. Elliott's Mom


January 28, 2013

Heya family, friends, devoted fans, and unknown stalkers,
 
This past week has been most elightening.  Sorry to hear about the sickness, Alisa (a scene from The Invasion comes to mind with your description of your sickness this last week), and Terry and Whitney, high five on internet this week!  It's always exciting to receive emails and hear about life down in good ol' Arizona (...and yes, I regret not being a more diligent letter writer while you were serving =/)
I CAN'T BELIEVE MASON LEAVES THIS WEEK.
 
Aight, so I need to hurry up... we have two super impatient Korean men waiting to use the computer (I realize how judgemental that sounds, I don't mean for it too... they keep telling us to hurry up)...
 
 
This past week, we managed to find one new investigator.  His name is 양호진.  Super cool guy - he's 27 (Korean age... so born in 87), and just an all-around super nice person.  He went to Australlia when he was 15, and ever since then, he's always been super nice to foreigners.  He speaks SUPER good English.  I really hope he has some gospel interest/chooses to be baptized at some point.  He made this entire last week worth it.
 
I'm learning so much.  This morning was super good - I love Alma chapter 1 and DC 1:19-24,28.  Really good advice on how to be humble and why we need to be humble.  Without taking a lot of time to sugar coat (see insert about impatient Korean men), I'll just lay it all out on the table.  This morning, I realized just how weak I am.  There is no way I'd be able to learn this language as fast as I need to without some divine help.  Example, yesterday I prayed for help to understand just enough to seek enlightenment from church.  What resulted was a lesson on how to seek knowledge (I don't have enough time to explain the entire thing.  If worse comes to worse, I hope you can see it after 2 years in my example), and understanding some really crucial parts of the sacrament hymn.  All in all, it was a good meeting.
 
I love you all.  Before I forget, mom, your photo album arrived last Monday.   Thank you so much =D.  And I'll pray for Grandpa and Mason.  I'm really seeing the power of prayer and the promise that Christ offers in 3 Nephi 18.  Verses escape me.
 
I wish I could explain more, but alas, this will suffice.  PS.  Mom, I sent pictures home in a letter... memory card.  Let me know when you get it/how you like the letters that come with =)
 
I LOVE YOU!
 
-Elder Wedam

No comments:

Post a Comment