Wednesday, October 24, 2012

ACROSS THE PACIFIC: Safe and Sound in Daejeon

What a welcome surprise to receive this little note from Elliott so soon after his arrival!


October 23, 2012

Greetings from South Korea

Bonus! You get an email from me!
I've got to keep this brief, so I'll share a few quick things:
I made it to South Korea all safe and sound.  I slept super good last night.  I was exhausted after being up for 36 hours straight.
When we arrived in Daejeon, President Furniss had us pair up and proselyte.  Elder Gu (he's not my companion, he and I were paired up though) and I placed one Book of Mormon last night.  I didn't get the name of the person we gave it too, but he was super impressed with the limited Korean I knew (I spent the better part of the plane ride preparing something to say... I heard rumor that we would be proselyting when we landed).  He also said that I had a good voice (fun fact, that was the first of two times I've heard that in South Korea in the past 24 hours.  The day is still young.  Self-esteem boost?  I think so).

President and Sister Furniss are super nice.  I like them a lot.  I might not have made the best first impression, but to be fair, I'm a bit of a goober when I'm super tired.  I wasn't mean, or anything bad, just a total goober.  Like the epitome of one.

Last thing.  I already love South Korea.  It's really quite beautiful  It looks super similar to the states, expect in a way I can't quite describe, it looks different.  I already love the people.  And I love the culture.  Today we went to a bath house.  That was quite the experience too.  I liked it.

Anyways, I got to go.  Busy day ahead of us.  A lot of training and orientation to go.  I love you all so much!  Ciao!

Elder Elliott Wedam

I am so grateful he's safely arrived, happy and hard at work already. Bathed, too, it seems! I wonder just what the epitome of a total goober is, though. Hakuna matata on that one, Mom! I cherish Elliott and his letters, and hope you love them too! Love, Elliott's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment